Group leader: Martin Ingelsson
Visiting address: Dag Hammarskjölds väg 20, Uppsala Science Park
The aim of our research is to understand, prevent, diagnos and cure diseases in the elderly population, like dementia, diabetes and cardiovascular diease.
In clinical trials we develop new drugs against these diseases. We are conducting epidemiological and genetic studies to understand the interplay between genes and environment in complex disorders. In clinical research we aim to develop better diagnostic instruments for Alzheimer’s disease. Our molecular research is aiming at disease mechanisms of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. The starting point for these studies is genetic discoveries to understand molecular mechanisms involved in dementias. Model systems have been developed in transgenic animals and in cell cultures to test new treatment principles.
- Timed Up-and-Go Dual-Task Testing in the Assessment of Cognitive Function: A Mixed Methods Observational Study for Development of the UDDGait Protocol. 2020
- Neuromuscular controller models for quantifying standing balance in older people: A systematic review.
- Genome-wide association and Mendelian randomisation analysis provide insights into the pathogenesis of heart failure. 2020
- alpha-Synuclein strains target distinct brain regions and cell types. 2020
- Development of Risk Prediction Equations for Incident Chronic Kidney Disease. 2019
- Risk factors for subarachnoid haemorrhage: a nationwide cohort of 950 000 adults.. 2019
- Aged Opossums Show Alterations in Spatial Learning Behavior and Reduced Neurogenesis in the Dentate Gyrus. 2019
- Long-Term Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. 2019
- Opposing Age-Related Trends in Absolute and Relative Risk of Adverse Health Outcomes Associated With Out-of-Office Blood Pressure. 2019
- Longitudinal cognitive decline in autosomal-dominant Alzheimer's disease varies with mutations in APP and PSEN1 genes. 2019
- Independent Ageing in Very Old Swedish Men. 2019
- Cellular responses to amyloid-beta protofibrils: Focus on astrocytes, extracellular vesicles and antibody treatment. 2018
- Alpha-Synuclein Oligomers: Cellular Mechanisms and Aspects of Antibody Treatment. 2017
- Therapeutic and functional studies in animal models of Alzheimer's disease. 2014
- Physical Activity and Alzheimer's Disease: Measurements, Observations and Subjective Experiences. 2014
- The Kidney in Different Stages of the Cardiovascular Continuum. 2013
- Prostate Cancer; Metabolic Risk Factors, Drug Utilisation, Adverse Drug Reactions. 2013
- Heparan Sulfate in the Amyloidosis and Inflammation of Alzheimer’s Disease. 2011
- Amyloid β-protein, Cystatin C and Cathepsin B as Biomarkers of Alzheimer's Disease. 2010
- Aβ Conformation Dependent Antibodies and Alzheimer's Disease. 2010